Eight People Apply to City Council Seat | Politics
City of Spokane Valley Press Release:
SPOKANE VALLEY, WASH---Eight Spokane Valley residents have submitted applications to fill an interim vacancy on the City Council that resulted from the recent passing of Councilmember Bob McCaslin.
Applications for the opening in position #5 were received from:
· John R. Baldwin, a retired security officer
· Michael T. Godek, a director for a home care agency
· Charles “Chuck” E. Hafner, a retired assistant school superintendent
· Dee Dee A. Loberg, a homemaker/community activist
· Charles S. Neill, a materials coordinator
· Ben T. Wick, an information technology system administrator
· Jennie L. Willardson, a customer service representative
· Samuel P. Wood, a real estate appraiser
At the Tuesday, April 26th Council meeting, Councilmembers will select the applicants to be interviewed. Interviews will be conducted in an open Council meeting on Tuesday, May 10. Councilmembers anticipate making their appointment to fill the position at the Council meeting on Tuesday, May 17.
The applicant selected will serve during the interim until a candidate selected in the coming November election can be certified.
Council meetings begin at 6:00pm and are held in Council Chambers at City Hall, 11707 E. Sprague Avenue, Suite 106.
For more information, call 720-5102 or email email@example.com.